2 Kennington Lane
A development of 73 rental apartments on the corner of Kennington Lane and Newington Butts in Lambeth.
The scheme received planning approval in 2014, and was completed in late 2016. The scheme is highly sustainable, achieving Code 4 of the Code for Sustainable Homes, and residents have access to a communal garden and landscaped roof top terrace.
Elephant and Castle – 0.3mi, 6 min walk
Kennington – 0.3mi, 7 min walk
Waterloo – 1.1mi, 22 min walk/10 min by underground
Are you eligible?
Your gross household income will need to be lower than £90,000 and you must also be able to demonstrate your ability to afford the rental amount without recourse to housing benefit.
|Size||Weekly Rent||Monthly Rent||Min. Single Income||Min. Dual Income|
|1 bed (50-54 sqm)||£224.42||£972.49||£38,246.18||£33,588.53|
|1 bed (60 sqm)||£229.52||£994.59||£39,221.18||£34,563.53|
|2 bed (64, 65 sqm)||£275.43||£1,193.53||£48,752.93||£43,340.44|
|2 bed (70 sqm)||£285.63||£1,237.73||£51,039.14||£45,290.44|
|3 bed (79, 80 sqm)||£346.83||£1,502.93||£64,756.38||£56,990.44|
|3 bed duplex (118 sqm)||£402.94||£1, 746.07||£77,332.76||£67,717.35|
How we allocate apartments
The following criteria will be used to prioritise applications:
- Existing local authority or Housing Association tenants within the London Borough of Lambeth who are in full time employment;
- Those registered on the local authority priority waiting list and who are in full time employment;
- Residents in the London Borough of Lambeth who are employed in the London Borough of the City of Westminster ;
- Residents of the London Borough of the City of Westminster who are employed in the London Borough of Lambeth;
- Any other Resident of either the London Borough of Lambeth or the London Borough of the City of Westminster who are in full time employment;
- Other households not falling within any of the above categories, but who require affordable rented accommodation and who would not otherwise be able to afford adequate housing generally available on the open market.
What you need to do
If you meet the criteria to qualify for one of our apartments in this borough you will need to register your details with us using our application form.
What happens next
We will market the available properties through Homeownership Westminster and if you have expressed an interest in a certain property then they will contact you to see if you wish to book a viewing.
We will also contact you if you have registered an interest in one of our properties. Again, please contact us if you have any questions.